Emily from Remodeling This Life has tagged me to participate in a fun meme. I get to share 7 random/weird things about myself with you and then tag 7 more people to do the same.
Here we go.
1. Seven is my favorite number. Why? When I was a kid I noticed that whatever age I was became my favorite. When I was five my favorite number was five, etc. When I was seven, of course my favorite number was seven. So I decided to conduct an experiment. I was going to try to hate the number eight and see what happened. So I went around saying to myself, “I hate eight! i hate eight!” To this day seven is my favorite number, and while I won’t say that I hate the number eight (it’s even sillier to hate a number than it is to love it), it is my least favorite.
2. I once went tubing naked (except for my life preserver) on Lake June.
3. I love onion flavored things (onion bagels, onion dip) but I hate onions. Too slimy. Blech. I’ll even cook with onions because I love how they flavor food but I won’t eat the onions themselves.
4. I don’t think penises are pretty. Really, does anyone?
5. I’m fairly loud, assertive and clumsy. I’ve often wished I was more soft and graceful, like Audrey Hepburn. When I’ve tried to be people ask me if I’m sick.
6. I’m fair, as in objective. My best friend tells me that I’m the most fair person she’s ever met, but to be fair she hasn’t met everyone. I tend to see all sides of issues, much to the chagrin of Husband, who wants me to agree with him on all things all the time. Even when I do agree I can see the other side of the coin, see how the other person might feel, and can see how the issue or person’s feelings can be valid. At times it’s caused some strain in some relationships, as some (including Husband) think I’m being disloyal. I can see why they feel that way, but I don’t think that pointing out the other point of view, or having a different point of view altogether, is being disloyal at all. Besides, I can no sooner cease being what I consider fair than I could cease wanting chocolate. Neither is gonna happen in this lifetime. That doesn’t mean I love or respect the other person any less. Just so you know.
7. I hate 99.5% of rap music. I can take the Sugarhill Gang. And Will Smith. A little Pink. And that’s about it. Have you noticed that every generation thinks the next’s music is the worst ever, and wonder how bad music will sink in the next generation? Yeah. I’m already thinking about what’s going to be worse than rap. I get those thoughts when I can’t get back to sleep at 4am. Really, I’m scared.
And there you have it. Me. It.
I will tag some terrific people I know:
1. Jennifer at Good Fountain.
2. Kate at One More Thing….
3. Patty at Our Life as an Air Force Family.
4. Lisa at Ramblings of a Pseudo Intellectual.
And some people whose blogs I enjoy and would like to know better:
5. LJ at Mommy Gets Paid.
6. Funny About Money at Funny About Money.
7. Learningwoman at Learningwoman’s Weblog.
Here are the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog. Some random, some weird.
3. Tag up to 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. Well, I’m not doing this. You’ll see the pingback! I may comment on some other post, though. 🙂