I only entered three carnivals last week. I got distracted by all the news, I guess.
Still, I did manage to get included in the Carnival of Family Finance with my article Today My Son Broke a Cherished Glass Container. Hallelujah!. Thanks to Pickel at My Two Boys for including it!
- Jennifer in OR had a big scare and wrote The Poison Post at Diary of 1. She posts tips on there prevention and what to do if you find yourself in this scary situation.
- All Rileyed Up wrote about the kind of friend many of us have in her post Lost in Translation. I want to party with HER!
The Carnival of Everything Finance, appropriately enough at Everything Finance, included my article Change Some Habits, Save Some Gas. And Some Money.
Some clickworthy articles:
- I loved 90 Low Cost or No Cost Activities to Entertain Your Kids All Summer Long posted over at Destroy Debt. There are some great ideas! I have to admit to being totally intimidated by the Simulate Stocks activity. Son and I are both novices at the stock market. I better learn about it before Son is old enough to actually do it, as I think this is a terrific way to teach kids about finance and have fun at the same time.
- nickel at fivecentnickel.com wrote a good post on Uncommon Charitable Tax Deductions. The Accountant’s Daughter is impressed.
- Ben at The DebtFree Playbook Blog shows that patriotism, honor and duty aren’t the only reasons to go to Iraq in An Interesting Way Out of Debt. I’m glad our government gives those soldiers tax-free income.
- WBL’s 10 Tips On How To Negotiate posted at Wealth Building Lessons reminded me of my ex. We’d go to the local swap shop and he’d see an item he liked and inquire about the price. The dealer would say $60. He’d say, “50 dollars? 40 dollars? You want me to pay 30 dollars for that thing?” Thinking about the look on the dealer’s face even now, almost twenty years later, still cracks me up.
I also want to thank the Silicon Valley Blogger at The Digerati Life for including my article Saving by Delusion in her carnival round-up. It was even including it in the post title, Learn How To Haggle, Defeat Debt and Save By Delusion @ The Carnivals.
That’s it for now.