The Festival Of Frugality – If I Had A Car Edition was hosted at The Financial Blogger this week. My post A Little Something is Poison to Emotional Spenders was included.
Also check out:
- Teaching a Spender to Save at at I’ve Paid For This Twice Already…. A battle, but winnable!
- Break Bad Habits to Build Your Frugal Fu at Frugal Fu. As she says, these tips work for any bad habit.
My article My Economic Stimulus Check Didn’t Include Money for My Kids! was in the Money Hacks Carnival this week, along with several other articles on the Economic Stimulus check.
Also of note:
- Some People Think We Are Bad Parents… at Mrs Nespy’s World. I agree that the best gift we can give our son is to not have to rely on him financially in our retirement. My in-laws purchased a pre-paid tuition program for Son and we pre-paid the fees, but Son will be responsible for most of the rest.
- Avoid getting cheated! at moneylandmarket.com is worth the read just for the last paragraph. Something that never occurred to me…
The All About Celebrities Blog Carnival was hosted at Fashion Trendz and included my article Brushes With Fame.
- If you’re headed to Branson, MO this summer, you might find Six – Best New Shows In Branson posted at Branson Travel Attractions worth a read.
- Silveral talks about the life coach trend in How Celebrities Achieve Their Life’ Goals With Life Coaching posted at Celebrity News, and Gossip.
The Carnival of Personal Finance #153: the Q & A edition was hosted at Money and Values this week. My article Your Safe Deposit Box Isn’t As Safe As You Think It Is was included, and seems to have creeped out quite a few people.
- Our Allowance System: New and Improved is a terrific allowance program that is nearly identical to the system I was creating in my mind for Son. Thanks to fivecentnickel for being my own personal test market!
- Personal Finance Lessons Learned from Yard Sales at SavingAdvice talks about why things end up at yard sales and how we often overprice to try to make up for our bad buying decisions. Um, yeah. I’ve done that.
The Carnival of Money Stories was hosted at College of Cash and included my articleThe Best Financial Move I Made in College.
- If you know me then you’d have guessed Should you buy presents early to save money on your holiday shopping? was bound to make my roundup. This great article over at MoneyandFitnessBlog talks about some of the same pits I have fallen into while pre-shopping. Now I’m more organized about it, and it’s working pretty well!
- Life Lessons of a Military Life talks about a new website with Quizzle – No Straight A’s for Me!. Sounds really interesting. I’m going to go get my scores!
Special thanks to FireFinance for mentioning my post Your Safe Deposit Box Isn’t As Safe As You Think It Is in Sunday Review #21 – From Safety of a Safe Deposit Box to America’s Wake up Call with High Gas Prices.
Also thanks to Moolanomy for including my post A Frugal Girl’s Decidedly Not Frugal Wedding in hisThe Best Wedding Tips and Stories Giveaway.
Leave a Reply