The Carnival of Money Stories was hosted at Finance Gets Personal and included my post Lottery Tickets Are a Complete Waste of Money. Unless You Win.
I also liked:
- I am a phantom power ninja over at Bumblefucked. Okay, I admit it. I love that blog name. But her article reminds us to unplug things that we’re not using to save money on electricity.
- Teaching Kids About Money at LivingAlmostLarge is thought provoking. Should schools or parents teach about personal finance and financial responsibility. Personally I think both, with the parents doing the lions share.
No Debt Plan hosted Festival of Frugality this week and included my post Great Deals Lose Value When they Sit. And Sit. And Sit.
Also worth reading:
- Funny About Money’s post What’s a Thing Worth? It’s a great perspective on the non-monetary cost of things.
- Frugal Tips I Can’t (or Won’t) Do at My Dollar Plan. There’s things I won’t do to save a buck, either. And I was frankly appalled by Brring. Egads.
- I can be as forgiving of the grocery stores as Blueprint for Financial Prosperity in the article Shrinking Products Mean Inaccurate Unit Prices. At least for a little while. Grocery stores need to catch up. Thanks for the heads up – I hadn’t noticed!
- Sound Money Matters has a great post on How to Rescue Old Fruit. I already knew the banana one, as I often make my World Famous Banana Bread. And did you know you could freeze those mushy bananas until you’re ready to use them? Yup!
Thanks, too, to Think Your Way to Wealth for including my post Great Deals Lose Value When they Sit. And Sit. And Sit in his (her?) Weekend Roundup-Bring On the Heat Edition. Thanks, too, to Amanda at Value For Your Life for including that same post in her Festival of Frugality Weekly Picks. I’m so glad you like it!
Thanks again to all the hosts for their hard work. See you next week!!!!