We drove back from the mountains of North Carolina yesterday, and I’m not even going to pretend I’m sorry this is posted late.
The Carnival of Personal Finance was hosted at Greener Pastures: Personal Finance and included my post How Much Energy Does That Appliance Use?.
Be sure to check these great posts:
- The Financial Blogger from The Financial Blogger wrote a no-BS article about How To Find A Good Financial Advisor. It was Part 1, and I can’t wait to read more in the series.
- Jesse from You Need a Budget, teaches his son, Porter, some hard money lessons in A Four-Year Old, a Light Saber, and an Invaluable Lesson in Personal Finance.
The Carnival of Life at Mixed Metaphor.net included my post Prevent Drowning – Water Safety Tips for Parents.
- Laura Scarborough’s recollection of a conversation overheard in white trash wedding at Adventures in Juggling. Oh my!
- Jane at Kidzarama shares A Quick Lesson in Fursing, something I am very good at myself, dadgummit!
The Carnival of Money Stories Edition #66 was hosted at My Good Cents this week. My article The New World Of Airline Travel was included and awarded a 🙂 – their version of an Editor’s Pick. Thanks!
Many great reads this week. Check out:
- Martinique at Queercents shares her story Asking The Hospital To Forgive Your Debt. This is a great post and has inspired me to write about other ways to save on your medical and hospital bills. Look for it soon!!!
- RC at Think Your Way to Wealth wrote 10 Money and Life Lessons I Learned from My Father. Not only is it excellent advice, it’s poignant because it reminds me of my own childhood.
The Festival of Frugality was hosted at Budgets Are Sexy this week and included my article You Know What I Did This Summer – Save Money!.
Also check out:
- What I pay for health care by Jacob at Early Retirement Extreme is a really fascinating look at someone who sees prevention as the answer. Can’t say I disagree. Of course my old boss did the same things and dropped dead of a heart attack at 58, but still…
- Fun and Frugal in Western North Carolina by Stephanie at Stop the Ride!. She writes about her recent frugal vacation to Western North Carolina (where I am now). I adore Asheville, and it’s our #1 choice of new hometowns. Just wish there were more jobs…
The Money Hacks Carnival was hosted at Sound Money Matters this week and and also included the article You Know What I Did This Summer – Save Money! (Whoops, didn’t realize I submitted the same article to two carnivals!).
Still worth checking out, especially these two posts:
- Greener Pastures at Greener Pastures offers a humorous look at the difficulties of frugality in My Dog Ate My Coupons.
- Ask Mr. Credit Card at Ask Mr. Credit Card talks about how making the smart financial choice may hurt your credit score in Finances vs. Credit Part 1 of 4: Smart Financial Decisions That Hurt Your Credit Score. I can’t wait to read the next three installments!
Special thanks to Funny About Money for mentioning my post You Know What I Did This Summer – Save Money! in her article Moments of Fame.
Also thanks to Alison at This Wasn’t In The Plan for mentioning my article To Explore the New World of Airline Travel You Need More Than a Map in her post Friday Night Link Love: Fireworks Edition.
July 9, 2008 at 4:50 am
Thank you for highlighting The Carnival of Personal Finance and my article at the Money Hacks Carnival. Nice website you have here!
July 9, 2008 at 9:45 pm
Thanks for the mention & link-sounds like you had a pretty good role model too!
July 10, 2008 at 2:45 am
[…] Grad Student The Baglady Almost Frugal Harvesting Dollars Think Your Way To Wealth Free From Broke Just Shoot Me Now Christi’s 2 Cents Wandering Tax Pro Green & Cheap Can I Get Rich On A Salary Ask The Tax […]
July 10, 2008 at 5:37 am
Thanks for the link love. Asheville is fantastic! Of course I wasn’t looking for a job there! 🙂
July 10, 2008 at 7:18 am
Thank you for the shout out!
You’ve been so busy ferreting out all those great links ~even if I do include myself. 😉